Tuesday, February 10, 2009

celeb hunting in NYC

Sick or not, I was not about to pass up the opportunity to explore the greatest city in the world, New York City. After all, I was no more than a glorified passenger/navigator.

The city never fails to amaze me no matter how many times I visit. Nothing was about to dampen my spirits. Not my sickness, not even the fact that we ended up in the shadiest part of New Jersey, or the fact that we got towed on our first night there or the two parking tickets we've collected over the weekend. It was a much needed break from the norm and overall, a satisfying trip.

So, we were looking for parking around Soho and in passing, caught a glimpse of someone who seemed like Mel B. of Spice Girls. We couldn't decide if it was really her but googling that Mel B. was in New York to promote her new fitness DVD, we decided that it was in fact her.

Another celeb sighting, Billy Crudup with his son, crossing Greene Street in Soho. Of course, I couldn't remember his name at the time. Only that he's a guy that dated Clare Danes. Apparently, there are other celebs in NYC at the time we were there. Sarah Jessica Parker at Soho Hotel (located on the same street where we parked our car!), Isla Fisher, Gossip Girl stars, Rene Zellweger and more! But of course, spotting an actor/actress in NYC is like sifting through sand, especially because New York is one heck of a busy city.

Anyway, I will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw Renee Zellweger in NYC back in '05. I was surprisingly very starstruck.

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!