Thursday, September 24, 2009

wedding projects

I've been working on a few wedding projects for a wedding we're covering this weekend. For their big altar flower arrangements, I've created two cherry blossom crystal trees. Here are some pictures.
This is the same birdcage card holder used for our wedding
I can't really take credit for these beautiful boutonnieres. On a random stroll to Dollarama, I found these pre-made boutonnieres. All I did to match the bride and groom's theme is add green sinamay ribbons, a green cone thing (I don't really know what that's called haha) which I swiped from my jar of potpourri and wrapped them all in a nice silk purple ribbon. It's amazing what you can achieve with a little bit of wire and double sided tape =)
Again, I added the sinamay ribbon and silk purple ribbon. Don't you just love Dollarama??
Pink paper rose, sinamay ribbon and silk purple ribbon
For the Groom's boutonniere, I added a touch of pink flowery cone, green sinamay ribbon and silk purple ribbon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!