Tuesday, December 15, 2009

mini cupcake lovin'

I've been spending lots of time in the kitchen lately. I'm having lots of fun planning new recipes and making healthier meals for A. Here are some pictures of what we're having for dinner lately =)
I cheated a bit in making these. I found some ready made blackbean sauce but it tasted more sour than we're used to so I added a little bit of soy sauce and some sugar. Yup, that did the trick =)
I forgot how much I love baby bokchoy and the only way I know how to cook these is the way my mom makes them -- lightly steamed, with a little bit of garlic and soy sauce. I have to be creative since A is so afraid of vegetables. He really liked this though =)
I had an order of going away cupcakes. This is actually the first time I made mini cupcakes and I loved how they fit perfectly in my decorative window boxes. Look how cute!
And last but not the least, more mini cupcakes for a christmas themed work party. I think I'm in love with mini cupcakes <3

I've recently discovered The Pioneer Woman and wow! What an inspiration! She has a cookbook that's out in the bookstore now and I can't wait to get a hold of it. I guess in a way, I kinda feel like Julie Powell idolizing Julia Child. I don't look at myself as a professional and there's still so much to learn. There's so much more I want to do and just knowing that there are these phenomenal women out there who are able to do what they love gives me hope. If you haven't heard of her, come visit her quick! You'll thank me for it. =)

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!