Monday, January 04, 2010

soft prezels warm my heart

I've always wanted to make soft prezels and I had time today so here they are. I used The Pioneer Woman's basic dough recipe then I boiled four cups of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda and soaked the pretzel shaped dough in the water for a minute. These are baked at 475 degrees for about 11 minutes.
Look closer. Look at all that yummy goodness!
Now, you can stop with the basic soft pretzels and dip them in say, cheese dip or the ever-so-popular caramel dip or....
...you can melt some butter and mix 3/4 cup of sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar and...
Look!
Go make these now!

2 comments:

kate said...

i absolutely LOVE fresh bread. we should just do lunch or dinner at your place instead of going out. for a change! watchu think?

jan said...

hahaha sounds good! we should plan this soon =)

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!