Wednesday, October 06, 2010

i'd still say yes to you again...


This day in 2007, A asked me to marry him. And I said "yes!" =)

It seems like a blur now. Although I remember how surprised I was when he did. Our relationship up to that point seemed automatic. It's like we knew we were headed that way anyway, and no formal proposals of such magnitude were necessary. In fact, I just sort of assumed we will eventually get married, without him actually asking, without a pricey diamond ring. I was okay with it; I love him and that was all that mattered.

The days leading up to it should have been clues, but my normal oblivious self did not pick up the hints. The day before we were having a random dinner at Swiss Chalet and he joked, "What if I proposed to you right here, right now?" I remember thinking it must be some kind of a joke. How embarrasing it must be if he did it in front of all these people only to find out he was planning the same scheme all along. He was planning for a few weeks, with the help of our closest friends. He even got help from my girl friends when picking out the ring. Thank God, my friends have good taste =)

It was the perfect day.

Happy (engagement) anniversary, A! Years from now, I'll be telling the same story over and over again, and the answer will always be the same. Because I couldn't have been luckier and grateful for having you in my life.

"...because I'd still say yes to you again,
my darling for you, I'd do it all again...
yes, I'd still say yes to you again,
my darling for you, I'd do it over and over again...."

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!