Monday, May 30, 2011

Featured Artist: Rowena Abat

A lot of people who've ordered cupcakes or are planning to order cupcakes have asked me if I make bigger cakes and my answer was always "No". The truth is, even after baking for awhile, without formal training, I still feel somewhat unsure. My best friend however, has turned her passion into beautifully crafted and artful cakes. What started out as a love for baking has turned into her quest to learn more and create the most amazing cakes. She's also dedicated herself in training to improve her love for handcrafting these beautiful cakes. Very Cake Boss indeed!

From the very first cake we made together....(by the way, she did all the baking and fondant covering...I just helped with decorating)


to this....


a barbecue cake for your summer parties!
 beautiful wedding cakes!

 just WOW!








shower cakes!


 birthday cakes!

my favorite ruffle cake! A joint effort! Cake by Rowena, paper decorations by yours truly!
and even character cakes!






photos taken from Rowena's Facebook page except Coraline taken by J. Perlas. 
photo credits: Rowena and Edsel Abat

So lucky to be surrounded by such talent! Couldn't be more proud of my bestfriend! For contact info, visit her Facebook page, or message me to get her email address. Order your custom cakes now!

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!