Sunday, July 03, 2011

happy long weekend =)

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, or a new country."
-Anais Nin

I guess technically I'm a little bit behind in my greetings, since Canada Day has passed, but Happy Fourth of July to y'all our American friends! We've been busy the last couple of days (or weeks! Ha!) with all the editing we've been doing, side by side with our regular day jobs. We've been so busy lately I almost need to remind myself that it's okay to take a break once in a while. So free days off work, like last Saturday night (nevermind I was missing overtime pay) was nice and relaxing. We spent a nice Canada Day lining up at the Centennial Park Ribfest with good friends, a few racks of ribs, mounds of onion rings and fries. It was a great day to watch Canada Day Fireworks as well as catch a glimpse of Shawn Desman and Fefe Dobson. Thanks, Mayor Hazel!

We have tons of fireworks pictures to edit which means, we'd probably be posting them around New Years (haha!) considering we're a little (a lot!) backed up editing wise but we're at least glad we get to take our time but no worries, we'll get there eventually =) We're also thinking of new photobook options (the really nice luxurious, mouth-watering flushmounts) to add to our roster of products. We're currently shopping around for photobook companies and we're very excited about sharing this with you.

Next on our list: setting up our photobooth! We figured we'd be fully operational by September 2011. So excited about these new additions and projects!

My birthday is coming up the next couple of days (a day before my mom's actually =D) and I can't help but feel this almost anxious feeling I always get when this time of the year rolls by. It's almost like a wave of sadness, and not necessarily related to getting older but brought about more by the nagging feeling of having to re-evaluate my life and where it's going. I know. I'm profound like that :P But seriously, do any of you ever feel that? Like you need to review if you have what you've always dreamed of at this stage of your life? When I do feel this wave of emotion, I always try to remind myself how blessed I am and how close we really are to achieving our dreams. So  here it is, thank you all for allowing me to be myself, and most of all, thank you for letting us dream bigger!

No comments:

Thanks August Empress for the cool background!